Thursday, February 17, 2011

Miss Behavior as a dog

So I got to thinking the other day... I'm not really sure how the thought popped into my head. I think I was wondering why some people are so impatient (specifically my fiancĂ© at that moment!) and I imagined him as a dog. Ha! Only a trainer, right? I won't go as far as to tell you what kind of dog personality he would have but then of course I got to thinking about how I might measure up as a dog. Here's what I came up with:


I would always want to learn something new but I might get bored quickly so I would need constant reintroduction of challenges, fun new tricks, sports, food, and toys. 
My frustration tolerance and patience would be pretty high, I would be a little hesitant to approach strangers but I would never be one to want to cause any sort of confrontation (Flight before fight when necessary). I would offer all the necessary calming signals until I made you my friend. 
I might not be the most obedient one in the bunch, as I like to do things my own way but positive reinforcement would be the way to go with me. I would shut down or lose trust in you if you used any aversive methods with me. I would always seek out my person's approval.
I would love my cuddle time but only once I know you well. I would not be the type to want to be hugged by strangers. I would love to meet new dogs but probably wouldn't be one to get along with EVERY dog. However, I think I would learn to tolerate them from a distance. 
I wouldn't be the most active breed in the bunch but new and exciting things would motivate me over the same old thing. I would be very aware of my environment and surrounding, as well as the moods of my fellow dogs and people.
 If you were sad, I would probably lay my head in your lap  and give you the puppy dog eyes until you got up and did something about it, thus taking your mind off the sadness moving in a positive direction. 
I wouldn't be much of a barker but I would probably vocalize my happy emotions as necessary




So there it is. I would love to know what others think they might be like!


-Miss B

No comments:

Post a Comment