Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Games classes

Well, its been a while since I've done a blog post. Unfortunately things have been crazy in the training world which is good but also a little tiring and leaves little time for the extras. However, I did want to post that my spring classes are filling quickly and I'm so excited for that, but I also wanted to let everyone know that what is filling the fastest are my Agility for Fun classes! So far, I have a waiting list of about 10 people. And don't get me wrong, I LOVE that but I'm finding it slightly frustrating that while people do see the fun in agility, they don't see the fun and benefits of other tricks classes. Don't forget that tricks and games build confidence, create an amazing opportunity for bonding and relationship building, greatly improve manners around other dogs and new people in a lower stress scenario, and EXHAUST the dogs. 


Jenga Manners


So don't forget that while you and your dog might love agility, there are also some other great games-style classes out there that are worth looking into. Tricks classes and Fun & Games classes are two types. Another type that I have started looking into is Rally O (please see my earlier post about this for more information). I will be starting a Manners Medley class on April 30th which is designed to improve manners using only fun and games. While I of course encourage people to take regular ol' manners classes, I encourage you even more to look into some different styles of manners classes as an alternative!



1 comment:

  1. I really like the content of your post...thanks a lot for showing it to me...really much appreciated. . .keep it up...
    vapor recovery tower

    ReplyDelete