Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Fitness class with your dog

There is a huge epidemic of not only overweight people in the US but overweight pets as well. That got me thinking, what if you could get fit WITH your dog? No I'm not talking about just walking your dog or even running with your dog. That can be entertaining for some but I personally am not much of a runner or even a walker. Sure, I'll do it. For my dog. But what if you could have more fun with fitness and include your dog at the same time? I used to go to a boot camp style class and it was the only thing that really kept me motivated. Until I moved and now I'm a little scared to start over. But I remember thinking that it would be great if the outdoor classes could have included dogs too! That way I wouldn't have to feel so guilty about leaving my 4-legged friend at home. And since no one around here offers it, I figured that I could get this up and running myself! Why not, right?


Of course, this type of class would do enormous things for teaching your dog some good obedience skills too, not to mention the incredible bonding that would happen between you and your partner dog. Sprinting while practicing recalls. Getting an amazing Stay out of your dog while you do some jumping jacks. Doing some agility, literally with your dog, leash walking skills attained while sprinting, jogging, lunging - all those paces that your dog would need to learn to cater to... Talk about a well mannered and FIT dog! 


I would love to get a list together of people who might be interested in joining this type of class. 
Please message me via facebook: facebook.com/missbehavior
 or email: Info@missbehaviortraining.com
Otherwise, stay tuned as I work out all the details!



No comments:

Post a Comment